| Posted by My Super Nanny
Coffee's younger, hotter sister; she's all the rage.
The Golden Latte has taken over the streets, and she's here to stay.
But what is a Golden Latte?
It can vary on the café, or mix you're using, but essentially, a Golden Latte is a drink made with a turmeric, black pepper, ginger and cinnamon mix. Other ingredients are often added for additional health benefits.
Why are they so popular?
As a caffeine-free alternative to coffee, Golden Lattes are taking houses and cafés by storm as a warm drink without the coffee buzz or taste. Healthier than a hot chocolate, but spicier than a coffee, they're a great way to kick-start your morning.
So why should you jump on this golden-latte-bandwagon?
1. Golden Lattes are anti-inflammatory which means they are great to reduce redness and skin irritation on your skin. Additionally, its anti-bacterial properties are great for clearing acne and blemishes.
2. Curcumin, a compound found in turmeric, can help to relieve joint pain and arthritis.
3. Curcumin can also increase overall memory function.
4. Turmeric increases blood flow, and so is beneficial in helping to regulate periods.
5. The curcumin in Golden Lattes encourage the stomach to produce more bile...which in turn aids digestion.
The beauty about golden lattes is that they are ridiculously easy to make. Forget getting out a perculator or coffee plunger, it's as simple as putting a heaped teaspoon of a golden latte mix and blending it with your choice of milk (if you've got a sweet tooth, opt for coconut milk).
Our favourite pick is midas cUp.
This blend is a mix of turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom and black pepper; a great health kick.
With the festive season and a summer of G&Ts behind us, you'll be needing all the health benefits a Golden Latte...So drink up.