| Posted by Healthy Groms
An easy after-school snack, that can double as a delicious addition to your little legend's lunchbox. Too easy.
Happy little Vegemites all around!
You will need
4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
¼ cup Vegemite
3 cups grated tasty cheese
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line three baking trays with baking paper. Place pastry, 1 sheet at a time, onto a chopping board.
- Spread Vegemite over pastry. Sprinkle cheese over Vegemite.
- Starting from the edge nearest to you, roll up pastry, 1 sheet at a time. Be careful not to roll the pastry sheets too tight.
- Cut each roll into 12 equal portions. Brush pastry scroll tops with beaten egg.
- Place scrolls, cut-side up, onto baking trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on trays before transferring to a wire rack. Serve.
Lunchbox Legends X
Thanks to Dixie Elliott from taste.com for this recipe.
Images source: BitterSweet Kitchen: https://bittersweetkitchen.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/the-homemade-cheesymite-scroll-and-its-endless-variations/