| Posted by Healthy Groms
Who said you couldn’t have a delicious vegetarian lasagne?
Featuring three different types of cheeses, this one will certainly receive the tick of approval from your little ones, as kids and cheese go together like coffee and Monday mornings. Not to mention, there is plenty of calcium for growing little bodies.
Additionally, ricotta cheese is known for its high content of tryptophan, an amino acid that is vital for regular growth in children and infants. Tryptophan also helps to produce the neurotransmitter serotonin, which can be helpful in improving your quality of sleep.
So yes, theoretically, this lasagne will help your children sleep better. You're welcome.
You will need:
2 cups ricotta cheese 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped 1 tbs fresh oregano leaves, chopped
2 jars (850ml) of tomato pasta sauce 12 uncooked lasagne noodles
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the ricotta cheese, ½ cup of the parmesan cheese, oregano and the parsley in a medium sized bowl.
- In a rectangular pan (33x23x5cm size), spread the pasta sauce. Layer with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Spread 350ml of pasta sauce on top, then top with 4 noodles.
- Repeat with another 350ml of pasta sauce and 4 noodles. Sprinkle with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Then layer with remaining 150ml of pasta sauce. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover then bake for another 30 minutes or until bubbly on top.
- Let the lasagne rest for 15 minutes before cutting into it.
- Buon appetito!
Love, LBL X
Thanks to Betty Crocker for her recipe, and cover image.