| Posted by Healthy Groms
We’re all about keeping it simple here at My Super Nanny, which is why we're a big fan of one pot wonders. Cooking & cleaning time is kept to a minimum, and there's always plenty to go around. We've come across a marvellous meat-free one pot wonder courtesy of Fiona at Move Nourish Believe. Plus, Fiona's veggie-tastic combination can easily be adjusted to suit your family's preferences. So if you or your little ones are not a fan of cannellini beans, not a problem! Replace the beans with lentils, or additional pasta!
So pour yourself a G&T as a reward for getting through Monday, and let’s cook!
You will need:
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
½ eggplant, cubed into 1cm ½ zucchini, cubed into 1cm
1 red capsicum, cubed into 1cm 1cup baby spinach
½ teaspoon paprika ½ teaspoon oregano
1 sprig rosemary 400g tin tomatoes
250ml vegetable stock 250ml vegetable stock
1 tin cannellini beans 2 cups pasta
½ cup sundried tomatoes Salt & pepper
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Place the olive oil and onions over a medium heat on the stove in an ovenproof pot. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic & celery, then cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, baby spinach and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. Add in spices and herbs, and coat the vegetables well.
- Add in tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add in beans and pasta and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Stir through Sundried tomatoes and sprinkle parmesan on top, and place in oven for 5 minutes until golden.
Love, LBL x
Thanks to Fiona at movenourishbelieve.com for this recipe, and images.