| Posted by Healthy Groms
Eek!! It’s Christmas Eve and you’ve been assigned to make a salad for family lunch! No need to fear, Lunchbox Legends is here! This will impress any pesky mother-in-law, we can guarantee it! And as an added bonus, the kids will love it – particularly the crunchy prosciutto! Delish!
Serves 8 adults, or 8 ravenous reindeer
1.5kg small chat potatoes, halved
5 slices prosciutto, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Settle the kids down to watch a Christmas movie – Miracle on 34th Street was always a favourite amongst my cousins, an oldie but a goldie!
- Preheat barbecue on high with hood closed. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Check on that darn turkey – after last year’s fiasco you don’t need to give your mother any reason to tell you you can’t cook.
- Place in a large bowl. Add prosciutto and oil. Season with pepper – be mindful that kids are generally not big pepper fans, so only a little is sufficient. Toss to coat.
- Place potato mixture in a large disposable foil baking tray. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, with hood down, for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Take this opportunity to pour yourself a nice glass of wine, it’s 5pm somewhere!
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice , half the parsley and half the basil in a large bowl. Add potato mixture. Toss to coat. Top with remaining parsley and basil.
- And serve! Tip: If the kids are picky with any of the ingredients (most likely the basil), tell them it’s Santa’s favourite meal!
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas!
Love, LBL x
Thakn you to Claire at taste.com for the recipe. You can find the original version, without my sassiness, here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/25473/warm+roast+potato+salad/?ref=zone,christmas-sides-salads