| Posted by Healthy Groms
A hot Christmas is predicted right across Australia this year, and what better way to finish off a day in the sun stuffed with Christmas lunch than a yoghurt pop! And to top it off, they are healthy! So yes, feel free to indulge in a second helping of Aunty Barb’s world-famous Christmas turkey, as you’ve got yourself a healthy dessert sorted!
Serves: 8-10 kids, or 1 Santa Claus
2 cups of strawberries, diced
2 cups of kiwi fruit, diced
½ cup of fresh lime juice
¼ cup of honey
350ml of yoghurt
- Add 1¾ cup of strawberries and ¼ cup of lime-juice to the food processer. Pulse until smooth. Mix the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries through after the strawberries and lime-juice have been blended.
- Ask your eldest to put sunscreen on the younger ones, and ask him to please do it nicely with no fights.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of honey and 175ml of yoghurt to the strawberry mixture.
- Evidently, your youngest will come back in crying because her brother put sunscreen in her eyes. Breathe. Hand her a face cloth and kiss her eye better.
- Fill popsicle moulds halfway with the strawberry mixture (i.e. approximately 3-4 tablespoons per mould)
- Stick moulds in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Take this time to start on that growing pile of laundry that needs to be ironed, or better yet, take this time to ask your partner to start on that growing pile of laundry, as you’re busy “cooking”.
- Rinse the bowl of the food processor, and repeat the same process with the strawberries, but this time with the kiwi fruit.
- Turn on the radio – it always makes any cooking experience that more enjoyable, even if it is Justin Bieber – let’s be honest though, who isn’t jamming to his album right now?
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of honey and 175ml of yoghurt to the kiwi mixture.
- Top off the popsicle moulds with the kiwi mixture.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours.
- And don’t forget to save one for Santa Claus! :)
Of course, you can use any fruit you wish with this recipe (blueberry and raspberry is always a good combo), but the kiwi and strawberry combination is a perfect fit for this festive time of year!
Love, LBL x
Thank you to Jessica at A Kitchen Addiction for the recipe and images. You can find the original recipe, without my sassiness, here: http://www.a-kitchen-addiction.com/strawberry-kiwi-yogurt-pops-2/.