| Posted by Healthy Groms
Need a last minute idea for dinner. You can't go past chicken, coconut and mustard! Delish!! The children are going to love these!! You can even make the chicken pieces smaller so the kids think they are having chicken nuggets!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs or 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the coconut flour, sea salt, pepper, garlic salt, mustard seed and onion powder in a shallow bowl and mix. Place the eggs in a separate shallow bowl and whisk. Place the shredded coconut in another shallow bowl.
- First, dip each tender in the coconut flour mixture and lightly shake off the excess. Then, dip it into the eggs. Lastly, dip it into the coconut and press the coconut onto the chicken.
- Place the chicken strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the tenders over and bake another 8 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, until the chicken is evenly browned.
- Meanwhile, put the mustard and honey in a small bowl and mix.
- Serve the chicken tenders warm with the honey-mustard sauce or sauce of your choice.
Eggs help the coating stick, but olive oil can be easily substituted to make these egg-free.
Love LBL x