| Posted by Healthy Groms
Chocolate Fruit Sticks -
Fruit sticks are the best summer snack! They are easy and delicious and with this chocolate twist, sure to keep the kids happy!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 mango
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- Pineapple and melon also work well!
FOR THE CHOCOLATE-
- 7 Medijool dates
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon of cacao butter
* You will also need wooden lolly pop sticks
1. Simply slice the bananas and strawberries into thick slices (if they are too thin they will break when you put them on the sticks), then cut the mango into squares.
2. Slice different pieces of fruit onto the lolly pop sticks.
3. To make the chocolate, cut the dates in half and remove their stones, then place them in a saucepan with all the other ingredients.
4. Heat for three to four minutes, until all of the ingredients have mixed together and the dates have become soft.
5. Put the mix in the blender and blend until smooth.
6. Spread the chocolate on the fruit sticks, keep in the fridge or freezer and tin foil them for school play time!
Love LBL x